Download Dictionary.com app on IPhone/Android. It will be especially helpful for vocabulary study. SAT VOCABULARY 31 As we go through the slides, fill in the necessary blanks on your chart. You are responsible for filling in missing information.
1. alloy AL oh ee Part of Speech Definition- a substance that is a mixture of metals Synonym Antonym Sentence-
2. altercation al ter KAY shun Part of Speech Definition- a heated or angry dispute; noisy argument or controversy Synonym- quarrel, contention Antonym- agreement Sentence-
3. blighted BLIE ted Part of Speech Definition- destroyed or caused by decline or decay Synonym Antonym- good; healthy; wholesome Sentence- The blighted fruit had to be separated
from the rest. 4. charismatic care iz MAT ic Part of Speech Definition Synonym Antonym Sentence- Many charismatic religions believe in faith healing.
5. Chary SHAR ee Part of Speech- adjective Definition- cautious about doing something Synonym Antonym- trustful; uncritical Sentence- He is chary when he meets a new person.
6. Convoke kun VOKE Part of Speech- verb Definition Synonym Antonym- to disassemble Sentence- The meeting of the board was
convoked to discuss the chairman's resignation. 7. despicable des PIK uh bul Part of Speech Definition- very bad Synonym Antonym- likable Sentence-
8. embed emBED Part of Speech Definition- to enclose firmly in some mass Synonym Antonym- to extract Sentence- 9. embolden
em BOL dun Part of Speech Definition Synonym Antonym- to discourage Sentence- The general tried to embolden his men before battle. 10. florid
FLOR id Part of Speech- adjective Definition- having a red or flushed complexion, flushed with color Synonym Antonym- plain; simple; pale Sentence-
11. hiatus high ATE us Part of Speech- noun Definition- gap, pause, interruption in time Synonym Antonym- continuation Sentence- Our vacation will be a short hiatus
from our work. 12. incurious in KYOOR ee us Part of Speech Definition- uninterested, lacking normal curiosity Synonym Antonym- interested; curious
Sentence- 13. insubordination insuhborduhNAYshun Part of Speech Definition- disobedience to authority Synonym Antonym Sentence- The student was reprimanded for his
insubordination to the teacher. 14. lassitude LAS eh tood Part of Speech- noun Definition- a state of physical or mental
weariness; lack of energy. Synonym Antonym Sentence- She was overcome by lassitude and retired to bed. 15. montage mon TAZH Part of Speech Definition Synonym Antonym-
Sentence- His memory was a montage of varied experiences. 16. officious uh FISH us Part of Speech Definition- insisting on providing a service not requested
Synonym- intrusive, meddlesome, bossy Antonym Sentence- The boss is not pleased with that employee's officious conduct. 17. premature pree muh TOOR Part of Speech Definition Synonym Antonym- overdue
Sentence- 18. presumptuous preh ZUMP choo us Part of Speech Definition- brazenly overstepping bounds, arrogant Synonym Antonym- humble Sentence- It was presumptuous of him to think that
I would loan him the money. 19. relegate REL uh gate Part of Speech Definition- to assign to an inferior position Synonym- demote, downgrade Antonym- to promote Sentence-
20. rescind reh SEND Part of Speech Definition- to cancel Synonym Antonym Sentence- He said that he will have to rescind his offer if he does not hear from us by Tuesday.
21. saturate SACH uh rate Part of Speech Definition Synonym Antonym- to dry out Sentence- 22. sterile STER ul
Part of Speech Definition- incapable of reproducing Synonym Antonym Sentence- Since the woman was sterile, she and her husband decided to adopt children. 23. tumultuous too MUL choo us
Part of Speech Definition Synonym- turbulent, violent Antonym- calm; quiet; peaceful Sentence- 24. unimpeachable un im PEE chuh bul Part of Speech Definition- not to be called into question, exempt from
liability Synonym Antonym Sentence- 25. voracious voe RAY shus Part of Speech Definition- having a large appetite, ravenous Synonym- gluttonous Antonym- temperate
No Title Page no title authors sign letter date is in letter format affiliation is in letterhead position is with signature No Headings or Numbered Sections no table of contents no list of figures no list of tables no list...
The Commissioner's Rules concerning the state plan for educating English Language learners (ELLs) state that all school districts that are required to provide bilingual education and/or English as a Second Language (ESL) programs establish and operate a Language Proficiency Assessment...
Created Date: 9/26/2019 8:04:34 AM Document presentation format: A4 210 x 297 mm Other titles: Times New Roman MS ゴシック Arial Symbol Monotype Sorts Wingdings Imago MS Pゴシック Roche 1_Persönliche Vorlagen 2_Persönliche Vorlagen その他 手法の組合せ 手法の組合せ 手法の組合せの例 手法の組合せの例 PowerPoint プレゼンテーション...
First performance results from Phobos at RHIC Heinz Pernegger for the PHOBOS collaboration Vertex 2000 PHOBOS Collaboration ARGONNE NATIONAL LABORATORY Birger Back, Nigel George, Alan Wuosmaa BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY Mark Baker, Donald Barton, Mathew Ceglia, Alan Carroll, Stephen Gushue, George...
Arial Symbol Wingdings Default Design APLACE: A General and Extensible Large-Scale Placer Goals and Plan Philosophy Implementation Framework Clustering/Unclustering Adaptive Tuning / Legalization Slide 7 Parameterization and Parallelizing Artificial Benchmark Synthesis Results Bigblue4 Placement Conclusions
The Origin of the "Ottomans" "Ottoman" is a Europeanized form of a Turkish name- Osman I, a ghazi or Holy warrior who forged strategic alliances and conquered territories in WesternAnatolia. He is known as the founder and the Empire's first...